LUGANO, Switzerland; DENVER, CO, USA – The European Lung Cancer Congress 2021, the annual event devoted to advance the quality of lung cancer treatment, will be held as a virtual meeting (25-27 March).
More than 200 studies will be presented (oral or e-poster presentations) and published online as a supplement of the Journal of Thoracic Oncology.
- New perspectives in the treatment of small cell lung cancer and mesothelioma, including novel agents and prospects for chemotherapy, radiotherapy and immunotherapy
- Lung cancer prevention, with a focus on smoking cessation and the safety and effectiveness of e-cigarettes
- Management and treatment options for both early and advanced stage disease in non-small cell lung cancer
- The role of immunotherapy in the treatment of lung cancer
- “Heine H. Hansen Award 2021 lecture: Drop by drop makes a lake – 30 years of progress in lung cancer” by Johan Vansteenkiste, 25 March 2021, 09:15-09:45
- “Heine H. Hansen Award 2020 lecture: Biopsies, biomarkers and biology” by Fiona Blackhall, 26 March 2021, 09:15-09:45
- “Progress and future perspectives of peri-operative therapy of NSCLC” by Tetsuya Mitsudomi, 26 March 2021, 14:35-15:05
- More than one in 10 patients with lung cancer do not know what type they have
- Second drug targeting KRASG12C shows benefit in mutated non-small-cell lung cancer
The ELCC organisers welcome media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Only through the official accreditation process with the media registration form, accredited media representatives will be able to access scientific and educational sessions (live streamed and on-demand), live chat and Q&A, e-posters and chat with poster presenters, virtual exhibition and industry satellite symposia, Congress webcasts, and embargoed material.
For further information
ELCC Press Office
The ELCC Congress brings together some of the most important organisations in the field of thoracic oncology, with the scope of disseminating education through a multidisciplinary approach and improve the practice of lung cancer specialists worldwide. The ELCC Congress is organised by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) and the IASLC (International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer), along with their partner societies ESTRO (European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology), ESTS (European Society for Throacic Surgeons) and ETOP (European Thoracic Oncology Platform).