LUGANO, Switzerland – The ESMO Congress 2021 will be held as a virtual meeting, on 16-21 September 2021.
The congress programme, with lectures, abstract titles, as well as the accepted late-breaking abstracts, are available in the online programme.
Among the around 2000 abstracts and late-breaking abstracts that will be presented during the congress days, some of particular scientific relevance are:
- Results from Phase 3 trials with immunotherapy in:
- HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (LBA1 – DESTINY-Breast03)
- Metastatic cervical cancer (LBA2_PR – KEYNOTE-826)
- Resected high–risk stage II melanoma (LBA3_PR – KEYNOTE-716)
- KRASG12C-mutated colorectal cancer (LBA6 – KRYSTAL-1)
- Advanced Gastric/GEJC/Esophageal adenocarcinoma (LBA7 – CheckMate 649)
- Stage IB-IIIA NSCLC (LBA9)
- Response to SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in cancer patients (1557O – CAPTURE and LBA8) and impact of COVID-19 sequelae on the treatment pathways and survival of cancer patients who recovered from the infection (1560O_PR)
- Overall survival in de novo metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer (LBA5_PR – PEACE-1) and comparison of two treatment approaches for high-risk non-metastatic prostate cancer (LBA4_PR – STAMPEDE)
- Advances in the treatment of malignant progressive pheochromocytoma and paraganliomas (567O_PR – FIRSTMAPPP)
ESMO 2021 Opening Press conference
The ESMO 2021 Opening Press Conference will be held via Zoom on Thursday, 9 September, 14:00-14:45 CEST.
- Antonio Passaro, IEO – Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Italy – ESMO2021 Press Officer
- Solange Peters, CHUV – Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Switzerland – ESMO President
- Pasi Jänne, Dana Farber, USA – ESMO2021 Scientific Co-Chair
- Alessio Cortellini, University of l’Aquila, Italy – Presenter of abstract 1560O_PR
To participate in the Opening Press Conference, media representatives must be accredited for the congress. Please submit your request for accreditation before Monday 6 September.
Press releases will be made available to accredited media representatives a few days ahead of the congress. The PR programme will be available shortly online.
ESMO welcomes media interested in reporting from the ESMO events and on cancer issues. The ESMO Press Office will consider only media accreditation requests received through the ESMO Media Registration Form. Accredited journalists will have access to the ESMO official Press Conference (as per timeline above), all congress sessions, e-posters, the virtual exhibition, industry satellite symposia, and will be able to watch the congress webcasts.
ESMO Press Office